We’re looking for the next best kitchen hand? Will that be you? Apply Now!
A Kitchen Porter reports to all chefs within the kitchen environment.
The role is made up of many varying responsibilities including:
- Basic food preparation
- Washing up, cleaning and clearing all kitchen areas
- Unloading and putting away deliveries
- Emptying bins, sweeping and mopping floors
- Ensuring all equipment is clean and put away correctly
- Deep cleaning fridges and storerooms to maintain sanitary and kitchen safety standards
To land a job as a Kitchen Porter not required but preferred:
- Level 1 Food Safety Award
- Awareness of manual handling techniques
- Awareness of Control of Substances Hazardous to Health Regulations (COSHH) and chemical safety
- Experience of kitchen equipment